Habit Number 10 – Practice Gratitude
“Practicing gratitude brings forth a habit of always seeking and finding the good in your life.”
We’ve all heard the saying before that gratitude determines your attitude.
This couldn’t be truer. I’ve noticed that the more I’m looking for things to be grateful for, the happier I feel.
There are great benefits of gratitude, both physically and psychologically:
- Improved sleep
- Improved digestion
- Healthier habits all-round
- Helps prevent burn out
- Lower blood pressure
- Decrease in stress-related symptoms
- Increased Energy
- Stronger relationships
The evidence couldn’t shout louder- gratitude only brings positive outcomes.
With that being said, here are a few of my tips on how to express and live a life of gratitude:
- Thankful journal. Write 3 things each day that you’re thankful for
- Pay attention to the small things in life that bring you joy. It could be the view from your bedroom window, the smell of freshly cut grass or the warmth of the sun
- Tell someone you’re grateful for them and tell them why
- Give thanks though prayer
- Ask your family at the dinner table to say one thing they’re thankful for from their day